The Legend Returns for a New Year
No storm lasts forever. In our 70-year history, we’ve been veterans of more than we can count, and long before landfall, we knew there would be work to be done. Shutting down dozens of our neighbors’ businesses, Hurricane Irma battered our homes and livelihoods in one of the year’s most dangerous weather events. Through it all, we’ve remained committed to our community and our guests. That’s why we’re so proud to welcome you back to Cheeca for 2018, to enjoy the feel of a family Caribbean resort vacation within reach of the mainland.
Inside Our #FloridaStrong Efforts
The changes you’ll find when you return to our tropical paradise will add new meaning to your memories. An all-hands initiative from our incredible team has already seen our historic pier fixed, water features cleaned, and damaged plant life replenished. Here are some of the biggest highlights from our restoration to date.
Our front entrance, before and after:
Our staff chipping in to make big things happen:
A massive undertaking for one of the most beautiful trees on our property:
As we get closer to opening day 2018, expect to see many more details of all that we’re doing to make Cheeca even more extraordinary than you remember.
Welcome Back to More of What You Love
In addition to repairing damage from the storm, we remain committed to being one of the best Caribbean-style resorts with limitless on-site activities for every traveler. No other resort in the Keys offers vacation specials like ours. When you join us, your adventures can include:
- Fishing, in waters home to some of the most impressive big game fish in the world,
- Boating and sailing in the pristine cerulean sea,
- Snorkeling, an incredible chance to swim with some of the world’s most beautiful tropical creatures,
- Golfing and tennis, with an award-winning Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course and six tennis courts overlooking our exotic island home,
- Pure relaxation on the white sand beaches, and simply enjoying the breeze in the palm trees and the gentle sounds of sea birds.
Join us once again, and continue to be a part of Cheeca’s incomparable legacy.